Duration: 06 hours
Type: Private Tour
Run: Every Day
Pick up & drop off: From your cruise at Alexandria port
Guiding method: Live Guide
Guide Language: English, French & German
Day Tour of Alexandria Port the most famous attractions: Bombay's Pillar, Catacombs of Komel-Shokafa, Visit from outside Citadel of Qaitbay & Libarary of Alexandria.
- Bombay's Pillar
- Catacombs of Komel-Shokafa
- Visit from outside Citadel of Qaitbay
- Alexandria Bibliotheca
Trip in detail
Day Tour of Alexandria Port
Your guide for the day will pick you up from your cruise ship beside exit door in Alexandria and begin your guided tour with visit the Bombay's Pillar which was built in 297 AD for the Roman Emperor Diocletian. The Pillar itself is a 9 meters / 29 feet in circumference and it is said that 22 people could lunch on the capital, or flat top of the Pillar.
Following lunch you will visit Bibliotheca Alexandria was founded in the 3rd century BC, shortly after the founding of the city as a new capital of Egypt by Alexander the Great. It is considered one of the greatest accomplishments in the legacy of ancient Alexandria since the library and the Mouseion.
After that visit from outside to the fort and Citadel of Qaitbay, which was built around 1480 by the Mamluk Sultan Qaitbay. It is believed to rest on the site and to be built from the stones of the Pharos lighthouse, one of the seven wonders of the ancient world.
In the way visit Aboul Abbas Mosque Situated at Anfoushi, it is one of the most important Islamic monuments in Alexandria, with its high minaret and four domes.
Next is The day ends with a visit the Catacomb of Komel-Shokafa. These tombs were tunneled into the bedrock in the age of the Antonine emperors (2nd century A.D.) for a single wealthy family still practicing the ancient religion. These tombs represent the last existing major construction for the sake of the old Egyptian religion.
Your driver stops over Stanley Bridge to can take a photo in the way of return. And transfer you back to Cruise in Alexandria Port.
Winter Rates Per Person from (October till April)
|Hotel standard||01 Pax||02-03 Pax||04 – 09 Pax||10 – 13 Pax||14 – 20+ Pax||Single supplement|
|none||USD 150||USD 95||USD 80||USD 70||USD 60|
Include & Exclude
- Round trip transfers from port Alexandria By private Air Condition Vehicle
- Pick up services from you Cruise in Alexandria & return
- All entrance fees for sightseeing mention in program
- 01 full day tour in Alexandria including Bibliotheca, Bombay's Pillar & Catacombs of Komel-Shokafa
- All service charges and taxes
- Private Licensed Egyptologist guide
- Lunch at local Restaurant During tour
- A Bottle of water
- Personal expense
- Any item or service not mentioned
- Rates are per Person
- All A/M rates are in US Dollars
- This Offer valid from 01.10.2016 till 30.09.2017
- Child 0- 5.99 is free of charge
- Child 06- 11.99 cost USD 20.- per child
- Child up 12 y pays full charge as adult person
Method of payment
- Please you are kindly requested to make a money transfer of 25% of the total price at our bank account in Cairo & Rest of Payment must be upon arrival in CASH Basis in US American Dollars.