Duration: 8 hours
Run: Every Day from 09:00 AM till 05:00 PM
Pick up & drop off: From your hotel either from Cairo or Giza
Guiding method: Live Guide
Guide Language: English, French & German
Day Tour Sakkara, Memphis & Dahshur the most famous attractions: Sakkara to see the Step Pyramid, the open air Museum at Memphis to See the Statue of Ramses II, the Red Pyramid at Dahshur and visit local school of carpet making.
- Step Pyramid
- Teti Pyramid
- Carpet Factory
Trip in detail
Day Tour Sakkara, Memphis & Dahshur
Your guide for the day will pick you up and begin your guided tour with a drive through the countryside to Sakkara to see the Step Pyramid - the first pyramid to be built and the surrounding monuments. Your guide will give you a detailed history on Imhotep, the Egyptian architect who created this pyramid and how he accomplished this major undertaking.
When we finish exploring this area we will visit the Pyramid of Teti with its inscribed texts, and several private tombs.
Following is a visit to the open air Museum at Memphis where the Colossus of Ramses the II, the largest statue of Ramses the Great can be seen in the place where it was discovered, see the Alabaster Sphinx alongside.
After that we will go to the South of Saqqara which stands the pyramids of Dhashur (Dahshur). The Red Pyramid and the Bent Pyramid are about 2 km south of the Mastaba Faraoun. The constructor of these pyramids is thought to have been Snofru (2575 - 2551 BC), who was the first ruler of the 4th Dynasty.
Snofru built these two pyramids and is thought to have built the pyramid at Maidoun. His son was Cheops who continued his constructive tendencies.
On the way back to Cairo we will stop at a local school of carpet making where you will see the local nimble-fingered children weaving carpets and wall hangings.
At the end of the day transfer you back to hotel.
Winter Rates Per Person from (October till April)
|Hotel standard||01 Pax||02-03 Pax||04 – 09 Pax||10 – 13 Pax||14 – 20+ Pax||Single supplement|
|none||USD 65||USD 55||USD 45||USD 40||USD 35|
Include & Exclude
- Round trip transfers By private Air Condition Vehicle
- Pick up services from your hotel in Cairo & return
- All entrance fees for sightseeing mention in program
- 01 full day tour in Giza including Sakkara, Memphis & Dahshur
- All service charges and taxes
- Private Licensed Egyptology guide
- Lunch at local Restaurant During tour
- A Bottle of water
- Camel or Horse ride at pyramids cost USD 05.- per person
- Personal expense
- Any item or service not mentioned
- Rates are per Person.
- All A/M rates are in US Dollars.
- This Offer valid from 01.10.2016 till 30.09.2017.
- If your hotel at 6 October area there is Supplement USD 10 per Vehicle.
- Child 0- 5.99 is free of charge
- Child 06- 11.99 cost USD 20.- per child
- Child up 12 y pays full charge as adult person
Method of payment
- The full payment must be before tour at your hotel in Cairo in CASH (100%) basis in US American Dollars.